Neuromodulators are prescription medications formulated with botulinum toxin commercially available as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin to relax muscles of expressions are effective in reducing the wrinkles formed due to our expressions such as: frown lines, crow’s feet, inquisitive lines on the forehead, bunny lines on the nose etc. A miniscule amount of the neuromodulator is injected directly into the muscle of expression beneath the skin, causing it to relax and gradually erase the appearance of the overlying skin wrinkles.
Nuromodulators are also used to reduce excessive sweating in individuals who have excessive sweating of underarms, palms of hands and soles of feet, not adequately managed with medications.
Visit the pages below to view Results of Botox/Xeomin treatments for various areas:
- BOTOX/XEOMIN FOR UPPER FACE WRINKLES
- BOTOX/XEOMIN FOR NON-SURGICAL JAW REDUCTION
- BOTOX/XEOMIN FOR NECK WRINKLES
- BOTOX/XEOMIN FOR CHIN WRINKLES
- BOTOX/XEOMIN FOR GUMMY SMILE CORRECTION
- BOTOX/XEOMIN FOR EYELID LIFT
Why use neuromodulators for wrinkles:
- Minimally invasive procedure, non surgical
- No downtime
- Takes 10-15 minutes in our office
- Visible results in 3-7 days
Possible Side Effects:
- Mild bruising
- Temporary weakness of surrounding muscles
- Headache; mild or dull headache that can occur after injection into the forehead for cosmetic use. I generally warn my patients that this can occur and tell them that if a headache does occur, it should be mild, easily treatable with acetominophen or ibuprofen, and should not last more than a few days
- Drooping eyelid; which can result from even a conservative treatment (not over treatment) this usually resolves in a couple of weeks after the treatment
Dr. Malik has a very safe and conservative approach to neuromodulator treatments and offers a follow up visit in one to two weeks after your initial treatment for assessment and for touch up if needed. She aims to preserve your natural appearance by softening the wrinkles but keeping the expression.
The average cost for a neuromodulator injection is between $325 and $425 depending on the areas being treated.
Call our office 888-210-9693 or visit our online store for current specials on Botox and Xeomin Treatments in Dallas and Southlake.
How to prepare for the procedure:
Before the procedure, Dr. Malik will review your medical history. This is the time for you to discuss expectations, potential risks and outcomes of the procedure with the doctor. You should tell us if you use or have recently taken:
- Blood-thinning medications
- Your prior experience with neuromodulator treatments
- Antibiotics by injection
- Muscle relaxants
- Allergy or cold medicine
- Sleep medicine
What to expect after the procedure:
- There is virtually no recovery time after neuromodulator injections.
- We like you to not rub the treated areas, as this could cause migration of the medication to another area and relaxation of unintended muscles.
- We also ask that you refrain from lying flat for 3-4 hours after your treatment, to prevent the migration of the medication to an unintended area.
Why use nuromodulators for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
For some individuals, excessive sweating becomes a cause of social anxiety. After a trail of medications for excessive sweating, it is appropriate to consider neuromodulators to reduce the excessive sweating. Neuromodulators work by weakening the nerve signal to the sweat glands and reducing the production of sweat. Dr. Malik uses neuromodulators like Botox and Xeomin for excessive sweating in Dallas and Southlake to aim for 40-50% reduction of sweating from each area treated. The reason for partial reduction of excess sweating is that, if the sweating is completely blocked from one area your body will compensate by producing excessive sweat from another area. Dr. Malik routinely offers a follow up in one to two weeks after the hyperhidrosis treatment for assessment of results and a touch up if needed
Call 888-210-9693 to schedule your Botox/Xeomin hyperhidrosis and wrinkle treatments in Dallas or Southlake office.